[ home - About us - farm home - Baja Mex trips Mainland Mex trips ]

Click for Satellite view of Fraserland Farms


Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pheasants in the fields

We have always had a lot of pheasants in our fields, especially the ones along highway 17 towards the ferry terminal. This year it seems they have increased their numbers even though I see a lot of coyotes in their areas.
They like to run in the potato fields and seem to pick the rows where my tractor always drives when I am spraying, I guess the nice hard packed tracks make good runs.

Here is a movie showing a male pheasant running just ahead of my tractor. He could jump up and fly away any time but chooses to play chicken with my tires, perhaps he thinks he is leading me away from his mate and family.....

I an traveling at about 5 miles per hour, there is also the sound of a radio in the background.

Click the button below to watch the movie.





...

No comments: